By Mary Ellen Snodgrass
This A-to-Z compendium explores greater than one hundred fifty American girls activists from colonial occasions to the current, reading their backgrounds and the focal point in their activism, and offers examples in their speeches.
• Covers concerns from 1637 to 2015, representing minority views and speeches
• Surveys oration as a method of enlightening the general public at the wishes of the terrible, disenfranchised, undereducated, and underemployed females
• Introduces much less usual activists, similar to Samantha strength and Ai-jen Poo
• comprises illustrations; a timeline; an appendix of important speeches pointed out through identify, date, surroundings, and subject; and a bibliography of basic and secondary sources
Read or Download American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes] PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
This quantity of the recent Encyclopedia of Southern tradition examines how mass media have formed well known perceptions of the South--and how the South has formed the background of mass media. An introductory evaluation through Allison Graham and Sharon Monteith is by way of forty thematic essays and 132 topical articles that research significant developments and seminal moments in movie, tv, radio, press, and net heritage.
A spouse to Survey study offers a severe assessment and consultant to survey tools. instead of a collection of formulation, survey layout is known as a craft the place the interpretation of study questions right into a questionnaire, pattern layout and information assortment process relies on figuring out how respondents resolution questions and their willingness to accomplish a survey.
Technological know-how fiction is a literary style in accordance with medical hypothesis. Works of technology fiction use the information and the vocabulary of all sciences to create legitimate narratives that discover the longer term results of technological know-how on occasions and humans. technological know-how truth and technological know-how Fiction examines in a single quantity how technological know-how has propelled science-fiction and, to a lesser quantity, how technological know-how fiction has motivated the sciences.
Luise Rinser conflict Gast des Dalai Lama in Dharamsala in Indien und hat mehrmals in depth Gespräche mit dem Staatsoberhaupt und Religionsführer des tibetischen Volkes geführt. Sie gibt ihre Gespräche mit dem Dalai Lama über den Wert und die Kraft einer echten Friedenssehnsucht wieder, die sich aus mystischen Quellen speist und im politischen Engagement äußert.
- The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture: Volume 18: Media
- Grundfragen der proletarischen Erziehung (German Edition)
Extra resources for American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes]
American Women Speak: An Encyclopedia and Document Collection of Women's Oratory [2 volumes] by Mary Ellen Snodgrass